I know that this is a novel idea, but maybe — just maybe — white men shouldn’t make fun of black women
Dear Lana, By the time you read this I’ll be back home in Lincoln. I’m scared of what’s ahead, but when I think of you I know I’ll be able to go on. You were right, Memphis isn’t that far off. I’ll be taking that trip down the highway before too long. I’ll be waiting for you.
Love always and forever, Brandon.
you know that feeling when nothing’s wrong but nothing’s right either
THE TRUTH OF NATIVE AMERICANS BEFORE THE GENOCIDE
Gotta put this on blast.
We never needed a white savior.
I hate this country.
What I learned from this video:
- 100 million Native Americans died at the hands of white colonists
- Instead of planting crops the colonists spent their days digging random holes in the ground looking for gold. They started starving and dug up Indian corpses to eat. They took Indian prisoners and forced them to teach the colonists how to farm
- Native Americans had massive cities with tens of thousands of well constructed houses, intricate water canals and large merchant areas.
- The Native Americans used soaps, deodorants and breath sweeteners while colonists never bathed or even took of their clothes
- There was a delousing policy with the mantra Nits create Lice; nits being Native American babies, so their goal was to kill every Indian, including babies
- In the 1700’s 80% of the Federal Budget went towards eradicating the Native American population so they could take their developed farmland
- Colonists leaders went town after town killing men women and children under the approval of George Washington
- "Pursue Indians to extermination" -Thomas Jefferson
- California governor (1849-1851): “extermination must continue to be waged until the Indian becomes extinct”
The main factor which prevented Native American extinction was the fact they were used for slave labor. The most prized Native Americans were young girls who were said to be valued for labor and lust (that one white dude in your ethnic studies class that says he’s 1/36th Cherokee?)
In modern times children were forced into Indian Boarding Schools whose goal was to “Kill the Indian in them”. It was federal policy. They were beaten if they used their native tongue, they were forced to dress and style their hair like whites
This country was literally built on terrorism and mass murder. White people are savage terrorists.
Until, this is taught in schools everywhere- “history class” is merely a racism propaganda course.
… wow, now I feel like my AP US History teacher went above and beyond in a lot of ways. We spent a fair bit of time talking about the “boarding schools” that … really, boarding school isn’t the right name for them. Forced acculturation centers is a better term. While we didn’t go into depth on our early presidents’ attitudes, he was rather … critical (that’s a good, mild term) of the idea of manifest destiny, and strongly attacked the theft of native land.
I wish every school, every US history student, had a teacher like that. Because he was amazing. He was the first person to really teach me to be critical of history books, and for that I will always be grateful.
When I was a kid I thought your 20s were supposed to be fun, not filled with perpetual anxiety about financial stability and constantly feeling like an unaccomplished piece of shit.
That’s because it was fun for baby boomers and they basically gave us this impression it would always be like that, but then they ruined the economy.
things that need more lesbians in them
- tv shows
stop rewarding boys extravagantly for common sense/decency, but also stop condescending to girls who are thrilled when a man behaves as such because they are socialized from the womb to the tomb to expect so. much. worse.
oftentimes women might smile at cat-callers out of nervousness or pure fear because they know that if they react negatively that guy could get way scarier and even violent
it’s not a “wow i’m so flattered” smile it’s literally a “please don’t follow me home and murder me after this” smile
Girls who don’t receive romantic/sexual attention from boys blame themselves
Boys who don’t receive romantic/sexual attention from girls blame girls